Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dia Dos

































¡Mi segunda dia en España fue muy interesante!

Today was the first day of orientation, which lasts for a pretty long time. Classes do not start until the very end of January. So for the next couple days I will be listening to más charlas (talks where they tell us about safety and registration, etc.), registering for classes, and exploring this beautiful city. Most of the charlas were really boring and because everyone was so jet-lagged we kept falling asleep, or at least I did. However, we did go on an awesome scavenger hunt which allowed us to walk around the city for the first time. I TOOK SOME GREAT FOTOS! Salamanca es muy muy bonita. All the old buildings are of Greco-Romano architecture and are absolutely gorgeous.

Lunch today consisted of a dish that, if I heard correctly, is called Comida Madrileña.

I think it was boiled celery, garbanzo beans, and some type of meat of what kind I am not sure. My Señora also added chorizo (Spanish sausage) to the mix. ¡Fue muy delicioso!

Tonight was a momentous occasion because I taught Julia (my IES housemate), Javier, and Sergio how to play Dutch Blitz. The kids loved it. It was hard to explain in Spanish since I am still getting the hang of speaking the language, but everyone did finally get it and we had a great time playing tonight. Javier y Sergio want to play again tomorrow night as well.

What did I begin?

Necesito dormir, pero escribiré más mañana.

LOVE AND PRAYERS!!!

Hope

p.s. The pictures are of the Plaza Mayor and the Cathedral in Salamanca. Plaza Mayor is like a huge town square.


2 comments:

  1. Spreakin ze Deutsch?

    I am so happy to read your blog, hear you are safe and happy and hear how wonderful Salamanca is and your host familia!:) It is so cool that your "brothers" and Julia liked Dutch Blitz! Please tell Rafa, Maria Jesus, Javier, and Sergia from us...Estamos feliz que tu les tiennes para su familia. Love you very much, Madre, Padre, Carly and Susie

    ReplyDelete